28.1.10

Designer Series: Eva 'Tomorrow's Classic'


Eva Zeisel is no ordinary woman. At 103, this Hungarian has influenced many in the design community. Entering the Royal Academy of Fine arts at the age of 17 she found ceramics, and the rest is history.

She claims that she is a "maker of useful things." which is funny becasue those who have her pieces would rather put them on display rather than use them for their purpose. Eva's forms bring a smile to my face and a warm feeling in my belly. Her work was ahead of her time and people knew it. She is still working and had created furniture and other home accessories. Her work is showcased at MOMA as well as other museums around the world.

Here are some of my favorites.


Town and Country Salt and Pepper Shakers


Tomorrow's Classic



The House Glass Effect


One-O-One

1 comment:

  1. I love her work-she is one of my all time favorite designers! her work is just fantastic! she has really nailed form better than anyone (in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete