5.2.10

'Immortal Beloved'

I am a hopeless romantic, I will admit it. I love When people put a lot of thought in doing something for another. When it is hand made or written or put together - I find that more romantic than going out and buying something.

I love a book called 'Love Letters of Great Men and Women" This book is great when you are feeling mushy! One of my favorites are series of ones written by Ludwig Beethoven. when he died they found three letters in the house he was staying at, these beautifully written letters were left to send out with no address and no name. The only time the woman was addressed was when he called her his 'Immortal Beloved'. No one knows who she was, there is speculation but no one is for sure. I find that to add to the romance a little bit.

For Valentines Day I wanted to pay homage to Ludi' and his love by creating some cards that are some of my favorite quotes from his letters.

I hope that you like them!




Here is a link for you to read them: Love Letters

5 comments:

  1. These are great! They would look amazing with letterpress. You sure have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so i am kind of anti-romantic. but i love good graphics and these are fantastic-beautifully done! they will be a nice addition to your portfolio. i love the first photo with them hanging.(if you are selling things at the art sale-sets of these should absolutely be included)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, so much! I will posting some others that I have been working on later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE how these turned out. Sweet type blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dare I say that their simplicity is their beauty? And I agree that making something for your beloved -something that takes some thought, time, and patience is the most romantic and maybe even a sign of true love...but at this point I'll take a dang Whitman's Sampler from Rite Aid!

    ReplyDelete