16.2.10

What's my new favorite thing?

Sad I know but I like to play the game what do we have in the kitchen - and what can I make with it? It is a fun game. Challenging at times but fun.

While making sauce for lasagna I saw that I had some extra heirloom tomatoes. I made a small little salad adding chopped garlic, a little drizzle of vinegar and EVOO and some salt and pepper. I then grilled my large pieces of basil.

Let me tell you topping the leave with a little bit of the salad! Wow yummy healthy snack!

Don't let the basil leaves burn but just crisp up. What is nice is that you get the taste of it but it is not over powering because you dried them out.


What you will need:

1- package Heirloom tomatoes ( halve them or quarter them)
1- minced clove of garlic
Olive Oil and any vinegar you prefer
Salt Pepper

Mix all together in a separate bowl

package of large Bail leaves ( you can put them in a pan on high and just watch so that they do not burn)

Place leaves on plate and scoop a small amount of the salad in each leaf.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea-never thought about crisping basil leaves-looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete