19.7.10

Trip to Italy part 2: Rome

We were in Rome for 4 days pretty much. It was great! My grandfathers sister is a nun but not any nun she is one of the Nun of Nuns. So Lisa and I got to stay in a convent, interesting to say the least :). Rome is awesome to just walk and discover things! great shops, great places to eat and of course history everywhere! ( my favorite!!!!!)We got to see Trajians ForumAnd of course the Colosseum!

One of my MUST SEES! The Arch of Constantine.. There is me at the bottom middle! It was GREAT!!!!


St. Peters Square was awesome it was huge and pictures don't really it justice and the Pope was literally 5 feet from us. It was pretty cool!


Lisa got to go to her favorite Cappuccino place but I admit it was good!!!!

At the Pantheon we got to see Raphael's Tomb.


The Pieta in St. Peters was beautiful... I loved it!

What I loved most about this trip... I found a new love - Bernini. His work is more that beautiful... There are so many pieces that we saw that we were not able to photograph because of the museum we were in. The Piazza Novona ( pictures above) was a gorgeous fountain! Check it out!


St. Teresa in Ecstasy. I LOVE BERNINI


The Trevi Fountain.
The most beautiful sculpture I have ever seen! I love it and can not express its fluidity just in the stone!

This trip was great - I can not wait to go back!

These are only a small fraction of the photos that we took on this trip.. there are well over 2,000!

hope that you liked the snippets

No comments:

Post a Comment